As food and beverage industrial organizations need to adopt a food safety management system, ISO 22000 is used to identify relevant requirements by detecting, analyzing and controlling probable food safety threats. This standard combines the principles of ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) with internationally accredited, industry-based programs.
Benefits of Food Safety Management System:
- Demonstrated due diligence by meeting regulatory and customer requirements, as well as community expectations and reputation
- Greater marketing opportunities leading to higher profits
- Enhanced food safety in supply chain
- Mitigated risk and food safety related incidents
- Improved food safety performance
- Greater protection from spurious food poisoning allegations
- Food safety culture embedded and employees empowered
- Easily integrated with other management systems.